Above is a comparison video. Do hit the subscribe button! For more pictures, scroll down below!
Here’s Marvel Legends All-new All-different Spider-man 2099 authentic and KO.
I got him from Aliexpress, but you can probably find him on Ebay too. Check out these 8 differences so you’d know if the one you’re getting is authentic or not, especially if you’re buying him loose without the box!
1. Difference number one is the red paint on the shoulder butterfly joint. This is like the main sign that the figure might be a KO, especially if you’re buying online and only have pictures to see.
The red paint on the shoulder butterfly joint of the KO is faded such that it actually looks pinkish.
The red paint on the authentic is very consistent, and there’s no fading or whatsoever on my authentic 2099.
2. The next difference that can be seen in pictures are the elbow and knee joints. The gap between the bicep and forearm is wide for the KO. Same goes for the gap between the thigh and calf.
These gaps at the joint are quite obviously wide enough for you to spot them in pictures. Check out those arrows in the picture pointing to the gap!
3. The fists of the KO are actually smaller than the authentic. The KO uses fists from the pizza spidey figure, but the authentic has the sunfire fists since the sunfire body mold is used.
Another thing about the KO are the pegs of the fists. The KO has the peg with grooves, just like the pizza spidey hands, but the pegs of the original has no grooves.
4. Fourth differences is the clicks on the ab crunch and waist swivel. The authentic makes a click sound on them. The KO has no sound on them.
5. The joints on the KO are really soft like jelly. You can see how soft the joints are here. I think this is the first KO that I come across that has jelly-like joints. You’d really be surprised by how soft the joints are if you have them in hand.
6. Difference number six is the head. The authentic head is easy to pop off and has a number one sculpted where the arrow is pointing in the picture above.
The KO head is extremely hard to pop off unlike the authentic, and does not have that number 1.
7. The KO is able to do a slightly wider split lol.
Same case as the pizza Spidey KO.
8. The last difference is that the cut on thigh swivel is badly done on the KO.
You can see here at the swivel thigh joint that the size of the thigh and the upper thigh doesn’t match, especially on the left thigh. The authentic 2099 does not have that problem.
Authentic All-new All-different Spider-man 2099:
+ Red paintwork is consistent
+ Small gap at elbow and knee joints
+ Fist is slightly bigger. Pegs have no grooves.
+ Clicking sound on ab crunch and waist swivel
+ Elbow and knee joints are solid
+ Head pops off easily, has a number 1 sculpted on the inner side
– Legs not able to do a wide split
+ Cut at the thigh swivel joint is good
KO (Knock-off, not authentic) Spider-man 2099:
– Red paintwork on shoulder butterfly is faded, looks almost pinkish
– Obvious big gap at elbow and knee joints
+ Fist is slightly smaller. Pegs have grooves.
+ No clicking sound on ab crunch and waist swivel
– Elbow and knee joint are very soft and can warp easily
– Difficult to pop off the head, does not have number 1 sculpted on the inner side
+ Able to do a wider leg split than the authentic
– Cut at the thigh swivel joint is bad
The quality of the KO All-new All-different Spider-man 2099 is not as good as the other KOs I got. However, it is not totally bad either. Besides the red paintwork, the other differences are not so obvious.
One downside about it is that if you were to leave him in a pose in your display, the knee joint might warp over time (see difference number 7). No problem for vanilla pose (just standing) though.
Check out the differences between the authentic and KO versions of these Marvel Legends Spideys here:
Check out my YouTube Channel!
If you have any questions about the figure, hit me up in the comments below! Thanks for dropping by! =)
(Disclosure: Links may contain an affiliate link, where I can earn a teen-weeny small commission if you purchase through those links, so I can earn a little to fund for more figures for me to review! =D