Above is a comparison video. Do hit the subscribe button! For more pictures, scroll down below!
Here’s the authentic Pizza Spidey from the Retro Wave on the right, and the KO Retro Wave Pizza Spidey I got from Aliexpress.
Just like the other KOs, they really look similar to the original figure. However, this KO Pizza Spidey comes with extra parts; complementing hands for each of the wall-crawling and web-shooting hands.
The KO is also very slightly taller than the original. It’s really difficult to tell the height difference though. Even when you have both of them in hand, you need to look at it carefully then you’ll see the very slight height difference (as seen in the pictures above.
1. First difference is the accessories. The authentic retro pizza spidey only comes with a pizza and an unmasked head, but the KO actually one up the authentic by having the head and pizza, plus another pair of hands.
The KO has a pair of web shooting hands and wall crawling hands. The authentic only has a left wall crawling hand and right webshooting hand.
2. The thickness of the web lines are consistent for the authentic, but for the KO, the web lines on some parts are thicker than the other parts; the abs area has thinner lines compared to the chest.
3. The red part of the web lines at the back of the waist is thicker for the KO, and pointed out by the arrow in the picture above.
Left: Authentic Retro Wave Pizza Spider-man Right: KO/Bootleg Retro Wave Pizza Spider-man
4. This difference is consistent among most KO Spideys, which is the wide gap at the elbow joint, especially on the right elbow.
Besides being wider, the KO has an R which is sculpted upwards, as opposed to the original which has the r engraved inwards. This is the way to differentiate most of the Spidey KO figures.
5. Fifth difference is the wrist, elbow and head peg. Like the KO Pizza spidey, the pegs are pale red on the KO. The red on the authentic pegs is the same as the figure.
The KO pegs on the hands also has grooves, as seen in the picture above. The authentic doesn’t have the grooves.
Can the KO hands fit the authentic figure? Yeah they can.
6. Sixth difference is the extra parts. For the half masked head, a way to tell them apart is by looking at the back of the figure. The authentic has the webline all the way down while the KO does not.
The pizza of the authentic is very red, probably lots of chilli flakes on it lol. The ko pizza doesn’t even have any paste or sauce on it, just pepperoni lol.
7. Last difference is the joints.
The authentic joints are all tight and has no loose joints.
The KO has a slightly loose ab crunch. The joints on the shoulder butterfly joint are also very tight, even tighter than the authentic The neck peg is also slightly loose.
Authentic Retro Wave Pizza Spider-man:
+ Comes with half-mask head and pizza
+ Thickness of the web lines on the red parts of the costume are consistent
+ Red part of the web lines at the back of the waist is thinner than the KO
+ Small gap at the right elbow joint, with letter R sculpted upwards
+ Peg on hand have no grooves
+ Web lines at the back of the half-masked head goes down all the way to the edge at the back of the head
+ Pizza is very red
+ Joints are tight and works fine
KO/Bootleg Retro Wave Pizza Spider-man:
+ Comes with half-masked head, pizza, a pair of web-shooting hands and a pair of wall-crawling hands
– Web lines on some parts are thicker than the other parts; the abs area has thinner lines compared to the chest
+ Red part of the web lines at the back of the waist is thicker for the KO
– Wider gap at the elbow joint, with letter R engraved inwards
+ Peg on hands have grooves
– Web lines at the back of the half-masked head does not reach the edge of the head
+ Only pepperoni on pizza is painted
– Ab crunch is slightly loose
Despite the differences, the KO Retro Wave Pizza Spidey is still a decent figure. In terms of quality, the original is definitely better, but the KO Spidey’s extra hands makes up for it lol.
Check out the differences between the authentic and KO versions of these Marvel Legends Spideys here:
Check out my YouTube Channel!
If you have any questions about the figure, hit me up in the comments below! Thanks for dropping by! =)
(Disclosure: Links may contain an affiliate link, where I can earn a teen-weeny small commission if you purchase through those links, so I can earn a little to fund for more figures for me to review! =D